Wednesday, January 03, 2007

TRY MORE - WANT LESS

After a 5 month blog silence, time to tap the keys again.

My objective this year - and hopefully for years to come is to try more and want less. Now that might sound contradictory - it certainly does to me - so let me try to explain...
By trying more I don't mean trying harder, I mean trying different things. And by wanting less I mean being less attached to the outcomes. The reason for this shift is that I've become aware that wanting stuff to happen doesn't necessarily mean it will (excuse me if you got there a few decades ago - everyone at their own pace). When it does...fantastic. When it doesn't...depressing. The swinging around between these polarities (the onset of Bipolar disorder?) really isn't much fun - in fact it's draining, so I'm going to do less of it.

No comments: